Celebrating the beauty and spirit of northern Michigan in everything we make and do, Cherry Republic is the world's largest exclusive retailer of specialty cherry products and gifts, offering more than 200 items including cherry salsas, sauces, candies, dried cherries, baked goods, soda pop, and wine.Headquartered in the heart of Cherry Country in the village of Glen Arbor, Cherry Republic was founded in 1989 based on the core values of 'Life, Liberty, Beaches, Pie' -- a genuine, heartfelt description of who we are and who we strive to be each day. With six Michigan retail stores/wineries (Glen Arbor, Traverse City, Ann Arbor, Frankenmuth, Holland, and Charlevoix), hundreds of wholesale distributors, a popular mail order gift catalog, and a thriving e-commerce site, Cherry Republic has helped spread the good news of cherries around the world!
How to Apply
Our current job openings are listed below. If you find one you think you'd be perfect for, fill out an application and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your résumé and cover letter. Put the job title of the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Even if you don't see a job you like, get in touch with us. We're always looking for fun-loving go-getters. If that's you, don't be a stranger!
Cherry Republic would be an Equal-Opportunity Employer even if it wasn't required by law.
Retail Sales Associate - Seasonal Summer Position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Retail Managers as directed in accomplishing operational and customer service oriented tasks and responsibilities.
- Take responsible, accountable ownership of this position.
- Provide continuous enforcement of Cherry Republic customer service expectations through example. Be able to follow and enforce policy and procedures. Provide quality customer service with a positive attitude.
- Assist Retail Managers as backup and share ownership of the following duties.
- Be aware of employee needs on the sales floor.
- Help with and run events in the store and throughout company as needed.
- Monitor sales staff daily when on sales floor re: cash handling and POS operations.
- Continually monitor appearance and cleanliness of Retail Store, Tasting Room and general property.
- Apply 'Service from the Heart' training practices established by customer service guidelines.
- Assist customers with in-store mail order needs.
- As with any job, other duties may be assigned to you as appropriate.
- We offer competitive wages and flexible start dates/work hours.
Skills You Need
We are looking for a team player with excellent communications and organizational skills, who has a thorough understanding of the Cherry Republic culture! The right candidate will be able to identify and sell to a new customer's needs, as well as establish strong relationships with returning customers. Follow-through to ensure tasks are completed and goals are met or exceeded is critical.
Locations: Charlevoix, and Traverse City
Commercial Bakery Worker
We are seeking an energetic Commercial Bakery Worker who is able to assist with the production and packaging of baked goods at our Empire, MI facility. Part time hours to start with growth potential. Able to work in a fast-paced environment and willing to train the right candidate. Perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for a new start in the food industry.
We are looking two able bodied people who can work Sunday- Thursday from 1pm -9pm to load product on to pallets for store delivery to all retail locations. This is an incredibly important position as we ramp up for the busy summer season ahead. Must be able to repeatedly lift 50lbs and able to operate various loading equipment (i.e. fork lifts).
We are looking for two individuals who can assist with the packaging and labeling of all dried goods; delicious chocolate covered cherries, cherry sour balls, cherry sour patches, teas and rubs. This is a Monday- Friday position (7am - 4:30pm) with noon dismissal on Fridays. Must be able to sit in a stationary position for long periods of time.
We are looking for the right candidate to be able to work in all areas/departments of the Cherry Factory, including Jar Production, Bakery, Light Production and Assembly. This is a Monday- Friday (8am - 4:30pm) position. Part time to start with excellent career potential.
Whistle While You Work!
At Cherry Republic we believe work should be fun! In fact, each of our Core Values touches on not only making our customers happy, but making our employees happy, as well.
So in addition to a competitive medical benefits package and your usual list of bennies (paid time off, paid holidays, 401K, etc.), we offer our staff extra perks that make our work environment a bit unique:
- Leaf Day! We take off the 3rd Monday in October to celebrate fall in Northern Michigan!
- Enjoy a paid ½ day off on your birthday each year. Just because.
- Free (non-alcoholic) drinks at work. Sip coffee, tea, cherry lemonade and pop.
- Fun events like CR family lunches, Harvest Dinner, holiday party and more.
- Generous employee discounts (40% for FT and 25% for PT) on Cherry Republic products.
- 40% off meals at The Grand Cafe while you’re on the clock!
- College Match Program for students enrolled in a Michigan Education Savings Plan and meet certain requirements.
Sound like your kind of place? Then we invite you to check out our current job openings, and throw your hat in the ring!