Celebrating the beauty and spirit of northern Michigan in everything we make and do, Cherry Republic is the world's largest exclusive retailer of specialty cherry products and gifts, offering more than 200 items including cherry salsas, sauces, candies, dried cherries, baked goods, soda pop, and wine.Headquartered in the heart of Cherry Country in the village of Glen Arbor, Cherry Republic was founded in 1989 based on the core values of 'Life, Liberty, Beaches, Pie' -- a genuine, heartfelt description of who we are and who we strive to be each day. With six Michigan retail stores/wineries (Glen Arbor, Traverse City, Ann Arbor, Frankenmuth, Holland, and Charlevoix), hundreds of wholesale distributors, a popular mail order gift catalog, and a thriving e-commerce site, Cherry Republic has helped spread the good news of cherries around the world!
How to Apply
Our current job openings are listed below. If you find one you think you'd be perfect for, apply on Indeed or fill out an application and email it to us at email@example.com along with your résumé and cover letter. Put the job title of the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Even if you don't see a job you like, get in touch with us. We're always looking for fun-loving go-getters. If that's you, don't be a stranger!
Cherry Republic would be an Equal-Opportunity Employer even if it wasn't required by law.
Positions listed in order of date posted.
Cherry Republic’s Production Manager is responsible for the management, supervision and control of all food production processes at our Empire facility.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Oversees all daily operations of the plant from food production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
- Continuous improvement of processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customer’s expectations. This includes collaborative work, updating and sharing the daily production schedules and direct work with supply chain to ensure projections are followed and output is in alignment.
- Responsible for food production output.
- Allocates resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions. Work with Quality Manager to ensure corrections are documented and followed.
- Share a trusting relationship with work-group, and manage and develop plant staff.
- Work with Quality to plan and execute monthly learning events and weekly audits.
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste. Execute processes to eliminate waste.
- Commit to plant safety procedures.
- Address employees’ issues.
- Works directly with Supply Chain Team to ensure planning and execution of manufacturing schedule is realistic and all materials are available.
- Considered a Super User of ERP manufacturing system. Includes work instructions for Work Orders, Bills of Material, maintenance of system, and ensuring all data is clean.
- Supervises all employees within the Plant. Works closely with all aspects of Fulfillment Team, including Supply Chain Manager, Logistics and Distribution Manager, and Quality.
- Ensure materials in plant subscribe to HACCP standards, including all Allergen ingredients and controls.
- Work directly with Supply Chain and unit manager in the event of a supply chain/issue. Expected to bring challenges, solutions, and clear communication through participation in weekly meetings.
- Works directly with Quality Assurance to insure processes, WIP and finished product follows regulatory protocol.
- Works to ensure all work orders for equipment repairs, and preventative maintenance are scheduled, and executed with little interruption in daily work.
- Supervision of Maintenance and Sanitation staff, including workload balance and troubleshooting when necessary.
- 5-7 years experience working in Supervision and Management in Food Manufacturing
- HACCP, PCQI, Better Process School training required.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills, work independently and with the TEAM, and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to lead a group of people, keeping them motivated, organized, on task and accountable for actions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including email.
- Must stay organized and transparent with information.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree, and 5-7 years working as a manager within a food manufacturing environment necessary. HACCP, PCQI experience necessary.
Position Type: Full-Time
We are in need of Line Cooks to fill positions in the Back of the House in Glen Arbor! If you have a passion for delicious cuisine and have line experience, apply now! We are hiring full time and part time line cooks in our newly renovated Brew Pub & Restaurant!
Essential Duties Include:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment!
- Set-up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare a variety of foods; meat, poultry, vegetable, and cold food items.
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Cover, date, and correctly store all pieces and food prep items.
- Use food preparation tools in accordance to safety regulations.
- Returns dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas.
- Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times.
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices.
- Open/Close kitchen correctly and follow checklist for kitchen stations.
- Answer, report, and follow Culinary Manager’s instructions.
- Previous experience in the food industry required with an emphasis on the BOH.
- Industry related certifications greatly preferred.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
Position Type: Part-Time (hours to increase during peak summer season)
Location: Glen Arbor
Whistle While You Work!
At Cherry Republic we believe work should be fun! In fact, each of our Core Values touches on not only making our customers happy, but making our employees happy, as well.
So in addition to a competitive medical benefits package, options for employee housing and your usual list of bennies (paid time off, paid holidays, 401K, etc.), we offer our staff extra perks that make our work environment a bit unique:
- Leaf Day! We take off the 3rd Monday in October to celebrate fall in Northern Michigan!
- Enjoy a paid ½ day off on your birthday each year. Just because.
- Free (non-alcoholic) drinks at work. Sip coffee, tea, cherry lemonade and pop.
- Fun events like CR family lunches, Harvest Dinner, holiday party and more.
- Generous employee discounts (40% for FT and 25% for PT) on Cherry Republic products.
- 40% off meals at The Grand Cafe while you’re on the clock!
- College Match Program for students enrolled in a Michigan Education Savings Plan and meet certain requirements.
Sound like your kind of place? Then we invite you to check out our current job openings, and throw your hat in the ring!