Celebrating the beauty and spirit of northern Michigan in everything we make and do, Cherry Republic is the world's largest exclusive retailer of specialty cherry products and gifts, offering more than 200 items including cherry salsas, sauces, candies, dried cherries, baked goods, soda pop, and wine.Headquartered in the heart of Cherry Country in the village of Glen Arbor, Cherry Republic was founded in 1989 based on the core values of 'Life, Liberty, Beaches, Pie' -- a genuine, heartfelt description of who we are and who we strive to be each day. With six Michigan retail stores/wineries (Glen Arbor, Traverse City, Ann Arbor, Frankenmuth, Holland, and Charlevoix), hundreds of wholesale distributors, a popular mail order gift catalog, and a thriving e-commerce site, Cherry Republic has helped spread the good news of cherries around the world!
How to Apply
Our current job openings are listed below. If you find one you think you'd be perfect for, apply on Indeed or fill out an application and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your résumé and cover letter. Put the job title of the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Even if you don't see a job you like, get in touch with us. We're always looking for fun-loving go-getters. If that's you, don't be a stranger!
Cherry Republic would be an Equal-Opportunity Employer even if it wasn't required by law.
Positions listed in order of date posted.
Cherry Republic’s Retail Supervisor assists with the coordination of hiring and training of staff, shipment of goods, arrangement of store layout, opening and closing procedures, and providing overall support to the Retail Store/Assistant Managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist the Retail Managers as directed while accomplishing operational and customer service oriented tasks and responsibilities.
- Manage retail staff, including cashiers and other ambassadors working on the floor.
- Continuous enforcement of Cherry Republic customer service expectations by example.
- Able to follow and enforce policy and procedures with a strong desire to provide quality customer service with a positive attitude.
- Ensure merchandise is clean and ready to be displayed.
- Maintain inventory and ensure that items are in stock.
- Ensure promotions are accurate and merchandised to company standards.
- Manage the store and property when Manager is away, serve as second set of eyes.
- Monitor employee needs on sales floor.
- R4 Inventory functions and reports.
- Track, process and record Month End Inventory – Stock & Clothing.
- Assist with special events in store and company wide.
- Cash Handling and Register Balancing – monitor sales staff daily when on sales floor.
- Continually work towards and supervise employees to monitor appearance of Retail Store & Tasting Room and grounds.
- Enforce SFTH training by customer service guidelines, able to apply company values to resolve issues.
- Able to perform Ship from Store and R4 orders.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required, previous retail experience in a retail setting preferred.
Physical Requirements: Ability to be on foot for long periods of time walking on sales floor with the stamina to stand stationary when working the POS system; cashiering. Frequently lifting 25 lbs or more throughout an 8 hour shift. Must be able to reach, bend, crouch, and use a ladder and tools to create displays. Frequent bagging and gift boxing when cashiering. Occasional outside maintenance is required (i.e. snow shoveling, sweeping).
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Ann Arbor, Charlevoix & Traverse City
Are you highly energetic, highly motivated and LOVE to meet new people? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, really FUN environment??
The Retail Sales Associate's main job function is to sell cherry products to customers in the store and to provide excellent service to Cherry Republic customers by informing them of product information and resolving any issues.
Essential Duties Include:Assist the Retail Managers as directed in accomplishing operational and customer service oriented tasks and responsibilities.
- Work in a face-paced environment with a SMILE.
- Acting as a representative who genuinely cares about helping people.
- Complete sales transactions through Point of Sale system.
- Arrange and Stock Shelves.
- Maintain cleanliness of both inside and outside of store.
- Wash windows, doors and bathrooms.
- Provide EXCELLENT customer service to all Cherry Republic customers!
- Quickly learn product information and convey to customers.
- Have general knowledge of computers and use of the Internet.
- Have knowledge of geographical area in order to assist tourists.
- Have ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
Position Type: Part-Time
Location: Charlevoix & Traverse City
We are in need of Line Cooks to fill positions in the Back of the House in Glen Arbor! If you have a passion for delicious cuisine and have line experience, apply now! We are hiring full time and part time line cooks in our newly renovated Brew Pub & Restaurant!
Essential Duties Include:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment!
- Set-up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare a variety of foods; meat, poultry, vegetable, and cold food items.
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Cover, date, and correctly store all pieces and food prep items.
- Use food preparation tools in accordance to safety regulations.
- Returns dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas.
- Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times.
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices.
- Open/Close kitchen correctly and follow checklist for kitchen stations.
- Answer, report, and follow Culinary Manager’s instructions.
- Previous experience in the food industry required with an emphasis on the BOH.
- Industry related certifications greatly preferred.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
Position Type: Part-Time (hours to increase during peak summer season)
Location: Glen Arbor
Whistle While You Work!
At Cherry Republic we believe work should be fun! In fact, each of our Core Values touches on not only making our customers happy, but making our employees happy, as well.
So in addition to a competitive medical benefits package, options for employee housing and your usual list of bennies (paid time off, paid holidays, 401K, etc.), we offer our staff extra perks that make our work environment a bit unique:
- Leaf Day! We take off the 3rd Monday in October to celebrate fall in Northern Michigan!
- Enjoy a paid ½ day off on your birthday each year. Just because.
- Free (non-alcoholic) drinks at work. Sip coffee, tea, cherry lemonade and pop.
- Fun events like CR family lunches, Harvest Dinner, holiday party and more.
- Generous employee discounts (40% for FT and 25% for PT) on Cherry Republic products.
- 40% off meals at The Grand Cafe while you’re on the clock!
- College Match Program for students enrolled in a Michigan Education Savings Plan and meet certain requirements.
Sound like your kind of place? Then we invite you to check out our current job openings, and throw your hat in the ring!