Celebrating the beauty and spirit of northern Michigan in everything we make and do, Cherry Republic is the world's largest exclusive retailer of specialty cherry products and gifts, offering more than 200 items including cherry salsas, sauces, candies, dried cherries, baked goods, soda pop, and wine.Headquartered in the heart of Cherry Country in the village of Glen Arbor, Cherry Republic was founded in 1989 based on the core values of 'Life, Liberty, Beaches, Pie' -- a genuine, heartfelt description of who we are and who we strive to be each day. With six Michigan retail stores/wineries (Glen Arbor, Traverse City, Ann Arbor, Frankenmuth, Holland, and Charlevoix), hundreds of wholesale distributors, a popular mail order gift catalog, and a thriving e-commerce site, Cherry Republic has helped spread the good news of cherries around the world!
How to Apply
Our current job openings are listed below. If you find one you think you'd be perfect for, apply on Indeed or fill out an application and email it to us at email@example.com along with your résumé and cover letter. Put the job title of the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Even if you don't see a job you like, get in touch with us. We're always looking for fun-loving go-getters. If that's you, don't be a stranger!
Cherry Republic would be an Equal-Opportunity Employer even if it wasn't required by law.
Positions listed in order of date posted.
We are looking for a highly skilled professional Commercial Bakery Production Manager for our Food Production facility. Our ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years experience in a supervisory capacity working in a mass production environment, a proven track record of managing people, and the ability to maintain assigned work hours. Must have sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long periods of time and be available to work within a flexible work schedule, including some evening and weekend hours.
- Working knowledge of MRP & ERP systems
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Docs
- HACCP & PCQI preferred; training could be provided
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in food safety a must
- Management: 1 year
- Bakery Management: 3 years
Position Type: Full-Time
Chat Ambassadors Needed for the Holidays!
As we prepare for a successful Holiday season, we are looking for Chat Ambassadors who will be providing customer service through our Live Chat environment. Chat Ambassadors provide customers with another way to obtain product and order information, assistance with the Cherry Republic website, and even information on what is happening in the Republic.
Ideal Chat Ambassadors will be proficient in computer and web navigation. It is important that they feel comfortable giving instructions and information to customers in an online environment.
- Ability to easily navigate Cherry Republic’s website
- Comfortable working with computers
- Experience in customer service and data entry
- Preferred Typing Speed: 45 WPM
- Prior chat/chat support experience a bonus
Job Type: Part-Time Seasonal (until December 24th)
Location: Glen Arbor
Holiday Packers, Calling all Elves!
It's that time of year again when we need several “elves” to assist with packing boxes at our Empire Warehouse.
We offer flexible shifts, and it’s a great way to earn some extra cash and meet some really great people!
Required Experience/Education: No previous experience necessary.
Job Type: Part-Time Seasonal
Calling all wine lovers! Our Traverse City store is in need of weekend help serving wine and other alcoholic beverages.
If you like to meet new people, have fun ,and work in an exciting environment during the Fall season, apply today!
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age to serve.
Required Experience/Education: Customer Service experience required. TAM certification preferred.
Job Type: Part-Time Seasonal
Location: Traverse City
We are seeking a detail-oriented person with previous accounting and bookkeeping experience to join our Finance team in Glen Arbor. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the entry of sales and deposits for all retail locations. Other responsibilities include data collection, organization, analysis and reporting within various databases.
To be successful, you must be a self-starter, able to multi-task, work within a TEAM as well as independently. Excellent written and oral communication skills a must! We are also looking for someone who likes to have FUN. As we say, "It's all just cherries."
If you are a self-starter with a high level of interest and experience in the Accounting field, please feel free to reach out!
Please respond with a Cover Letter and Resume.
Required Experience/Education: Associate's Degree and one year accounting experience
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Glen Arbor
We are seeking a skilled Commercial Bakery Worker to assist in the production and packaging of all baked goods for the company. Full time with benefits position making our delicious products such as our famous Boomchunka Cookies, Cherry Artisan Bread, Cherry Scone Mix, Cherry Wonderbars, Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake and our freshly baked Cherry Pies.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for baking while working within a small TEAM environment. Competitive pay, 25% off all Cherry Republic products, and other FUN perks. If this sounds like you, please apply and JOIN OUR TEAM!
Job Type: Seasonal Part-Time; through the end of December
Are you highly energetic, highly motivated and LOVE to meet new people? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, really FUN environment??
The Retail Sales Associate’s main job function is to sell cherry products to customers in the store and to provide excellent service to Cherry Republic customers by informing them of product information and resolving any issues.
Essential Duties Include:Assist the Retail Managers as directed in accomplishing operational and customer service oriented tasks and responsibilities.
- Work in a face-paced environment with a SMILE.
- Acting as a representative who genuinely cares about helping people.
- Complete sales transactions through Point of Sale system.
- Arrange and Stock Shelves.
- Maintain cleanliness of both inside and outside of store.
- Wash windows, doors and bathrooms.
- Provide EXCELLENT customer service to all Cherry Republic customers!
- Quickly learn product information and convey to customers.
- Have general knowledge of computers and use of the Internet.
- Have knowledge of geographical area in order to assist tourists.
- Have ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
Position Type: Part-Time
Location: Ann Arbor, Charlevoix, Holland, Frankenmuth & Traverse City
Whistle While You Work!
At Cherry Republic we believe work should be fun! In fact, each of our Core Values touches on not only making our customers happy, but making our employees happy, as well.
So in addition to a competitive medical benefits package, options for employee housing and your usual list of bennies (paid time off, paid holidays, 401K, etc.), we offer our staff extra perks that make our work environment a bit unique:
- Leaf Day! We take off the 3rd Monday in October to celebrate fall in Northern Michigan!
- Enjoy a paid ½ day off on your birthday each year. Just because.
- Free (non-alcoholic) drinks at work. Sip coffee, tea, cherry lemonade and pop.
- Fun events like CR family lunches, Harvest Dinner, holiday party and more.
- Generous employee discounts (40% for FT and 25% for PT) on Cherry Republic products.
- 40% off meals at The Grand Cafe while you’re on the clock!
- College Match Program for students enrolled in a Michigan Education Savings Plan and meet certain requirements.
Sound like your kind of place? Then we invite you to check out our current job openings, and throw your hat in the ring!