Tickling Our Funny Bone
We had a sneaking suspicion that our Citizens are among the most clever folks around, and you proved us right! Last month we put the word out that we were looking for new quips for our legendary in-store signs, and we received ideas from more than 100 people!
Our first winner was Sandra Byrnes, who submitted this little gem: “CAUTION! Free range children.”
Next up was John Love, who gave us this profound thought to ponder: "If George Washington had chopped down an apple tree, no one would have ever heard of him."
Our third and final winner was Jane West, whose cautionary advice ("DUCK! PITS FLYING") will no doubt save countless children from losing an eye. Mothers everywhere thank you, Jane!
Here are some more of our favorites. You can imagine how hard it was to pick just three winners! Thanks to all who participated for helping to spread smiles around the Republic!
- "We're The Cherryist Of Pit Stops!
- A handful of cherries per day keeps the doctor away!" It must be true . . . I saw it on the internet.
- UNFAIR! All of these winning products are cherry-picked!
- Have you ever seen an apple on top of a hot fudge sundae?
- Does Brad Pitt have a daughter named Cherry?
- If You Can Read This Sign...You're Close Enough To Come In For A Sample
- Cherries aren't only for Sundaes. They're yummy any day of the week.
- Be alert! Cherry Republic needs more lerts!
- Cherries are red, Skies are blue, Most poems rhyme, But this one doesn't.
- The more you weigh the harder you are to kidnap. Stay safe. Eat cherry pie.
- I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.