Pork Medallions with Cherry Mimosa Conserve
When we launched the new Cherry Mimosa Conserve I wan't sure what to do with it other than the obvious and create something fun, quick and easy.
Cherry Republic's Cherry Mimosa Conserve thickens when you refrigerate it, but because of the juice content it gets more liquid when you work with it as a sauce; so it takes more time to get the water to evaporate and sauce to thicken. I discovered by cooking the conserve into a sauce, it tones down the sweetness and compliments pork and chicken nicely.
- Non-Stick spray
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless pork medallions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 9 oz Cherry Mimosa Conserve
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Add pork to pan; sear pork 4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked thoroughly. Remove pork from pan, and keep warm.
- Add conserve and balsamic vinegar to pan.
- Cook 30 seconds or until it thickens, scraping pan to loosen browned pork reminisce.
- Plate the medallions and spoon warm sauce over top of the pork and serve.