Celebrating the beauty and spirit of northern Michigan in everything we make and do, Cherry Republic is the world's largest exclusive retailer of specialty cherry products and gifts, offering more than 200 items including cherry salsas, sauces, candies, dried cherries, baked goods, soda pop, and wine.Headquartered in the heart of Cherry Country in the village of Glen Arbor, Cherry Republic was founded in 1989 based on the core values of 'Life, Liberty, Beaches, Pie' -- a genuine, heartfelt description of who we are and who we strive to be each day. With six Michigan retail stores/wineries (Glen Arbor, Traverse City, Ann Arbor, Frankenmuth, Holland, and Charlevoix), hundreds of wholesale distributors, a popular mail order gift catalog, and a thriving e-commerce site, Cherry Republic has helped spread the good news of cherries around the world!
How to Apply
Our current job openings are listed below. If you find one you think you'd be perfect for, fill out an application and email it to us at email@example.com along with your résumé and cover letter. Put the job title of the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Even if you don't see a job you like, get in touch with us. We're always looking for fun-loving go-getters. If that's you, don't be a stranger!
Cherry Republic would be an Equal-Opportunity Employer even if it wasn't required by law.
Assistant Retail Manager - Full Time Position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as primary support to the Retail Store Manager and all functions of the store.
- Assists with the training of staff by reviewing and revising orientation to products and sales training materials; assists with delivering training sessions; reviewing staff job results and learning needs with retail store manager; developing and implementing new product training.
- Attracts customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling prefabricated display properties; producing merchandise displays in windows and showcases, and on sales floor.
- Helps customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested; completing payment transactions; preparing merchandise for delivery.
- Promotes sales by demonstrating merchandise and products to customers.
- Provides information ; identifying and investigating customer complaints and service suggestions.
- Maintains inventory by checking merchandise to determine inventory levels; anticipating customer demand.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending internal workshops.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains store organization for efficient opening and closing.
Skills You Need
To assist the Retail Manager as directed in accomplishing operational and customer service oriented tasks and responsibilities. Take ownership, responsibility and to be accountable.Continuous enforcement of Cherry Republic customer service expectations through example. Strong desire to provide quality customer service with a positive attitude.
Location: Traverse City
Retail Sales Associate - Seasonal Summer Position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Retail Managers as directed in accomplishing operational and customer service oriented tasks and responsibilities.
- Take responsible, accountable ownership of this position.
- Provide continuous enforcement of Cherry Republic customer service expectations through example. Be able to follow and enforce policy and procedures. Provide quality customer service with a positive attitude.
- Assist Retail Managers as backup and share ownership of the following duties.
- Be aware of employee needs on the sales floor.
- Help with and run events in the store and throughout company as needed.
- Monitor sales staff daily when on sales floor re: cash handling and POS operations.
- Continually monitor appearance and cleanliness of Retail Store, Tasting Room and general property.
- Apply 'Service from the Heart' training practices established by customer service guidelines.
- Assist customers with in-store mail order needs.
- As with any job, other duties may be assigned to you as appropriate.
- We offer competitive wages and flexible start dates/work hours.
Skills You Need
We are looking for a team player with excellent communications and organizational skills, who has a thorough understanding of the Cherry Republic culture! The right candidate will be able to identify and sell to a new customer's needs, as well as establish strong relationships with returning customers. Follow-through to ensure tasks are completed and goals are met or exceeded is critical.
Locations: Charlevoix and Traverse City
We are looking for two individuals who can assist with the packaging and labeling of all dried goods; delicious chocolate covered cherries, cherry sour balls, cherry sour patches, teas and rubs. This is a Monday- Friday position (7am - 4:30pm) with noon dismissal on Fridays. Must be able to sit in a stationary position for long periods of time.
Whistle While You Work!
At Cherry Republic we believe work should be fun! In fact, each of our Core Values touches on not only making our customers happy, but making our employees happy, as well.
So in addition to a competitive medical benefits package and your usual list of bennies (paid time off, paid holidays, 401K, etc.), we offer our staff extra perks that make our work environment a bit unique:
- Leaf Day! We take off the 3rd Monday in October to celebrate fall in Northern Michigan!
- Enjoy a paid ½ day off on your birthday each year. Just because.
- Free (non-alcoholic) drinks at work. Sip coffee, tea, cherry lemonade and pop.
- Fun events like CR family lunches, Harvest Dinner, holiday party and more.
- Generous employee discounts (40% for FT and 25% for PT) on Cherry Republic products.
- 40% off meals at The Grand Cafe while you’re on the clock!
- College Match Program for students enrolled in a Michigan Education Savings Plan and meet certain requirements.
Sound like your kind of place? Then we invite you to check out our current job openings, and throw your hat in the ring!