Broccoli and Bacon Salad
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Dried Cherries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup light salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Clean, trim and chop broccoli into a large bowl. Add onion, dried cherries and pecans.
Mix together salad dressing, milk, vinegar and sugar, stirring until smooth. Pour dressing over salad; add salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and re-frigerate overnight.
Top with bacon bits before serving. Makes 8 servings.