Now in production is our new Caramel Flavored Cherry Applesauce. When ever we have a new product to try out, our Chef wanted to create something using it. What they arrived at is the Ultimate Cherry Republic Breakfast Muffins. These muffins are good for breakfast or a treat for guest coming over for coffee. They are just plain good....
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Caramel Flavored Cherry Applesauce
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Triple Cherry Granola (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line muffin pan with paper cups or grease 5 X 9 inch loaf pan.
- Combine Eggs, Yogurt, Vanilla, and Cherry Applesauce with a whisk in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine Sugar, Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, and Cinnamon in a separate bowl with a whisk or fork.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- As the wet and dry ingredients come together, add 1/2 cup of granola and fold just until combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Portion batter into muffin liners, filling about 3/4 of the way to the top. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins (or loaf) with the remaining granola.
- Bake 25-35 minutes for muffins or 50-60 minutes for a loaf.
- A toothpick inserted should come out with only a few dry crumbs attached. Allow to cool and savor as a hearty breakfast or late-day treat!