Nothing better represents Cherry Republic than Mamma Mary's Cherry Pie. After all, she's been perfecting the recipe for years.
Below, you will find Mamma Mary's Cherry Pie recipe. We ask that you keep this between you, your family and friends, and us. Sharing this recipe with frisky competitors will lead to years worth of bad cherry pie-making karma.
So without further ado, Mamma Mary's Cherry Pie.
- 1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C butter, chilled and diced
- 1/4 C water
- 1 T butter
- 1 36oz jar of Cherry Republic's Mamma Mary's Cherry Pie Filling
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Tip: Work dough sparingly and keep it at a cold temperature for a more flaky crust.
- Roll dough out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place crust in pie plate. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- Pour jar of Mamma Mary's Cherry Pie Filling in crust. Dot top with 1T butter.
- Add top crust and primp edges with fork or fingers.
- Cut 2-3 slits in top of crust to release steam.
- For a glossy coating, make an egg wash with 1 egg and 1tsp sugar and paint a thin coating on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until pie is golden brown.