This salad is always a favorite in my house new because my kids and I are not big fans of the traditional version that calls for raisins. By adding Cherry Republic dried cherries it adds a unique sweetness complimentary to the sour of the vinegar dressing.
- Bacon – 1 pound
- Chopped Broccoli – 6 cups
- Red Onion – 1 small finely chopped
- Dried Cherries – 1 cup
- Mayonnaise – 1 cup
- White Sugar – ½ cup
- White Vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Walnuts – 4 ounces chopped
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices and cool. Chop or crumble bacon.
- Mix broccoli, bacon, red onion, and dried cherries in a bowl.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar together in a bowl; stir dressing into broccoli mixture until evenly coated. Cover bowl and refrigerate for flavors to blend, about 1 hour. Stir in walnuts prior to serving.