Created by AJ, one of Cherry Republic's talented Grand Cafe chefs, this personal pizza recipe is as classic as it is delicious. Gooey melted Havarti and Feta cheeses cover a bed of sautéed chicken, red onion and Cherry Republic Cherry BBQ sauce on top of toasted pita bread.
If you're lucky, you might happen to visit the Grand Cafe on the day AJ is making this specialty, but if you aren't, no worries - you can do it at home!
Recipe Yield: 1 personal pizza
- Round Pita Bread
- Cherry BBQ Sauce (Or Spicy Cherry BBQ Sauce, if you prefer!)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 T Havarti Cheese
- 2 T Feta Cheese
- 1/2 chopped Red Onion
- Sauté chicken in olive oil, and whatever flavorings you prefer. We sauté our chicken in extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, a bit of onion and some red pepper flakes.
- Indent center of pita if you prefer risen edges. Spread base layer of Cherry Republic BBQ sauce on pita.
- Scatter chicken, red onion, Havarti and Feta on pizza.
- Top with extra layer of BBQ sauce.
- Place in warm oven or on grill for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and the bread is crisp and golden brown.
- Top with extra cheese if preferred.