During the last part of July, fresh Montmorency and Balaton Red Tart Cherries arrive from Cherry Ke Orchards, ready for pitting and packing into our Cherry Preserves Nouveau. Following the tradition of Beaujolais, France and their Beaujolais Nouveau, these preserves contain only fresh fruit from the current year. The difference bewteen our two Cherry Preserves Nouveau? Just a matter of taste: the Montmorency captures the traditional sour cherry taste in a lighter color, and the Balaton includes both the tart and the sweet taste in its darker burgundy color. Both the Montmorency and the Balaton Cherry Preserves Nouveau are so fresh, last year's cherries were picked from the tree and sold as jam two days later. Yours may even arrive at your house still warm from the kettle!
Customer Reviews 7 item(s)
- These preserves are excellent! We served them with cheese and crackers at cocktail hour, and then with English muffins the following morning. The sweet-tart flavor was a hit at both. We speculate that they would be good in various Christmas cookie recipes as well. Definitely a keeper.
- my new favorite jam
- We got two jars at the store last month, I wish we had gotten more. It tastes so fresh and I love the thick, chunky style.
- Bought these nouveau cherries and have to tell you to go and buy some premium ice cream, open the jar, pour on top then get your spoon and take your first taste. HEAVEN in a jar.
Hurry and buy it before it's gone this year. WOW.
- Excellent flavor, texture and color
- The flavorful Nouveau Balaton Preserves jam is one to savor with peanut butter in some freshly baked bread!
- wonderful product
- I love the cherry BATON it is my favorite when.it.comes direct from.the field.to the warehouse which is local to.sHelves and the warehouse does a.awesome turn around to.the.store. I have to get Inc it arrives on shelve for best tasting of pies
- Out-of-the-Jar Freshness!
- Wow ... tried this at the store in Glen Arbor and immediately bought a jar: amazing fresh taste! I've already gone back to buy a second one - I know I'll go through that first jar very quickly.
- Just picked
- I think I got the first batch and it is pretty amazing when I tasted it with crackers in the store. Even better when I got it home.