Scones are a great base for a summer strawberry/cherry shortcake, or they can even be dressed up with bacon, cheese or herbs. Make the dough a day or two ahead, and you have a quick breakfast to bake up when company is expected. Our scone recipe is delicious on its own, but it also provides a perfect blank canvas for creative snacking. 1.77 lb. bag.
Customer Reviews 7 item(s)
- Modify, make smaller and have more to enjoy
- I have been using this product for to many years to remember. Some days though you just want to have something to snack on. Heres how I have modified this. Add 1 cup Balaton cherries, chopped, add 3/4 cup chunk chocolate pieces....utilized 1 full pint of heavy cream....use a medium cookie scoop (about a 2 1/2 ounce scoop). You will make about 20 of these at around this size. Cooking time is about the same. The Cherry Scone Mix you have come to enjoy will last longer, have a bit of chocolaty flavor and pump up the flavor with additional cherries....whats not to like about additional cherries (your choice on the additions). I have given these to my neighbors and they love dunking them in coffee or milk...just a wonderful mix that I have played with for year.....enjoy. Bill
- Great gift!
- I put together a breakfast gift box (as a hostess gift) with these as the centerpiece. It was a big hit!
- THE BEST
- This scone mix is the best. I hope it's available in October when we make our trek north.
- Best Ever !!!!
- The Cherry Scone mix is quick, easy and tastes wonderful !! There is a cherry in every bite !!
Not too sweet as some scones can be...perfect balance !!
- I hide them in the back end of the car so the kids can't find them!!
- I love, love the cherry scones from the bakery! You wouldn't think you could make them at home and they would taste the same. People, let me tell you, they are delicious when they come out of your oven! They taste just like the ones from the bakery at the republic!! When I'm there I always buy several and hide them in the back of the car and grab some of the scone mix to take home! Deeeeelicious
- Easy and delicious!
- I'm not a huge fan of scones; they tend to be dry and tasteless. Recipes from scratch can be labor-intensive. But this scone mix is just the opposite! All you add is cream, mix, spoon, and bake! Perhaps the cream makes these scones moist. Perhaps it's the WHOLE cherries. Yes! WHOLE not bits! I love this product and you will, too!
- I found this package in the back of the pantry. A gift and way out of date! For me, scones are too dry so have never been a fan. With these being way past prime I had little hope they would even be editable. Wow what a surprise! They are the best I have ever had, here or in the UK. Moist almost cake-like. I am ordering more and I bet they will be even better when in date.