Bob’s Cheesy Cherry Broccoli Casserole
- 2 lb fresh broccoli florets, cooked and drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 13” x 9” dish.
In a saute pan on medium heat, add sliced almonds. Toss until lightly toasted. Remove from heat and allow 5 minutes for them to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, mayonnaise, cheese, cherries, toasted almonds, soup and eggs. Mix well with a metal spoon. Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish. Top with the seasoned bread crumbs and pour the melted butter evenly over the crumbs. Bake for 40 minutes or until set and browned.